Here at mousehints, we love Disney World and wish we could go monthly! But the expense of a vacation keeps us all from going as often as we’d like. Today we are going to share a few quick tips that can help you learn how to go to Disney World cheap!
How to Go to Disney World Cheap
- Go to Disney World in the off-season. If school is in session, that’s a great time to go to Disney! In the summer months and on holiday breaks, the costs go sky-high and make Disney World quite unaffordable.
- Souvenirs! Don’t buy them at Disney World! Buy them beforehand at Target, Walmart or somewhere where you can get them for a fraction of the price. Store them up, and then dish them out during you vacation. Your kids, of course, will never know the difference!
- Get water from counter restaurants. That’s right, there is no need to go buy expensive water. Just head up to a counter and ask for a cup of ice water. They will gladly get you some. If you are one of those that feel like you need to buy something to ask for water, you can get something small and get ice water for everyone else.
- Stay outside of Disney. Yes, staying onsite is fun and has many advantages. But if you are strapped, there are much cheaper ways to do it. Going with another family? Why not rent a house? It’s cheaper than a hotel, you can get groceries to eat cheap, and there usually is a lot of room!
- Stay at Value resorts during free disney dining plans. If you are staying on resort, wait until they offer free dining. This can save you quite a bit on your monthly bill.
- Bring bottled water and snacks with you into the park. Everyone does it and Disney doesn’t mind.
- Ship snacks to your resort! If you are flying in, you can gather a bunch of snacks into a big box and ship them directly to your resort before you leave! This can save you a lot of money. Just call your resort before you come down and let them know about the package. Many people do this, so the resorts are used to it. You also can buy snacks at Amazon and have them shipped directly to your resort as well!
- Bring your own ponchos! It frequently rains at Disney World and when it does, out come the expensive ponchos and umbrellas. You can get them at the Dollar Tree or Walmart for a fraction of the price.
- Join AAA. The price of joining AAA changes year by year, but you can usually save quite a bit more on your room tickets just by joining AAA before you book.
Hopefully these tips can give you a few ideas for saving money and making a trip to Walt Disney World a little bit more affordable for you and your family. Have more tips? Please share them below!
Let’s head to our main section on “Saving Money”
By: Ryan Shade